Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Something unexpected that change the way you look at things, change the direction you’re traveling in life

    Ten years ago, a tragedy happened that affected the way I look at things. September 21st, 2000, a big earthquake happened that was unexpected by every Taiwanese. That day, lots of people died, many houses were damaged, infrastructures were destroyed. Everything just didn’t look the same as it did before. To me, I think 921 was just like the 911 attack of the United States. I remembered it was midnight, when everyone was sleeping soundlessly, without any prepare. At that time, I slept with my father because I was afraid to be alone. Suddenly, I felt the bad was shaking, and the level was increasing. Then, I saw the clock hanging above the television fell down to the floor and broke into pieces. Although my father was beside me, I felt a sense of helplessness. I cried out loudly and was afraid that I wouldn’t see my family again. Since then, I learned a lesson. You never know what’s going to happen in the next moment, so you should treat your friends, your family, and everyone you meet well at the time you see them. Or else, you would be regretted because nobody can predict what will happen in the future. You should enjoy and cherish every moment of your life to make living meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment