Wednesday, February 16, 2011

William Shakespeare page388

Think of someone you know or have read about who was in love. Did love make the person see the world more clearly, or did it cloud his or her vision?

     I remembered when I was studying in Canada, my brother had a girlfriend. I think the love clouded his vision because the only thing he cared most about was his girlfriend, not family or academic. Every day, they talked through the telephone for several hours at night. Moreover, no matter how late it was, when his girlfriend asked him to pick her up, he would quickly drive the car to her place, thus he couldn’t stay awake at school the next day. During weekends, my brother would rather spend the time at his girlfriend’s house than having field trips with us. Seeing my brother’s behavior at that time, I finally understood why people always say love is blind. My brother couldn’t see other wonderful things on the world; his eyes were covered up. He even wanted to marry his girlfriend right after he graduated from university. Love is a powerful thing that makes people’s actions become unable to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment